Scrubs. For Men. Free Shipping with $75 Purcahse | Free Return Shipping | Murse World

Profile Add Blog Add Forum Add Event Add Group Add Music Add Photo Add Video

EXTERNAL LINKS POLICY

PLEASE REVIEW THE USFRA EXTERNAL LINKS POLICY BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR LINKS.

If you do not follow the instructions concerning our policy on external links

your submission will be sent to the spam folder.

USFRA is a 501c-3 Professional and Social Network of Firefighters, EMS, Rescue, Law Enforcement, Military and Civilian Support Teams

Start Here!

Already a Member? Sign In.

USFRA Community Central

Welcome center, member introductions and communications center.

More About USFRA.ORG

USFRA Operations

Business Hours

Mon-Fri 8am - 4pm

Saturday 12pm - 4pm

Closed Sundays

USFRA is managed by a dedicated group of volunteers of First Responders, EMS Personnel, business owners, and Clergy.

STANDARD OPERATING GUIDELINES (SOGs)

Page Rank CheckNational Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS) check current status
Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Protection

usfra.org Webutation

EXTERNAL LINKS POLICY

PLEASE REVIEW THE USFRA EXTERNAL LINKS POLICY BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR LINKS.

We only provide FREE one way links to IRS confirmed not for profit/charitable and government entities.

Advertising, Sponsor and Affiliate Link Disclosure Policy

Our National Partners

FSC and USFRA custom book projects

Please join FSC, USFRA and our partners in a lifesaving project that benefits first responders and veterans. FSC is printing 20,000+ custom USFRA disaster preparedness and first aid books for the Dallas-Fort Worth area -- Learn more

----------------------------

Jägermeister and USFRA thank Florida First Responders after Hurricane Michael

StarCom Racing, Landon Cassill and USFRA Car #00 honor NASCAR Hometown Heroes

Donate & get Decal / Patch

By supporting the United States First Responders Association, Inc. with your tax deductible donation, you provide the necessary resources to enhance the capabilities of  Police &  Fire Department with access to world-class processes and operational tools as well as help military Veterans and give currently serving heroes the information and tools needed to re-assimilate into civilian life.

The United States First Responders Association, Inc. is an established Florida Non-profit Corporation with a tax exempt status under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.  Federal ID # 47-3707493

We rely on the financial support of visitors.

USFRA CAR DECALS

Show your support for Fire-Rescue, EMS, Law Enforcement and the U.S Armed Forces!! Donate and receive one decal for your vehicle or place of business!

---------------------------------

PROUDLY SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR PUBLIC SAFETY AND THE U.S. ARMED FORCES WITH THE USFRA PATCH!!

USFRA Resources

About Us

Created by Fyre Walker Apr 11, 2008 at 6:20am. Last updated by Fyre Walker Aug 30.

Civilian Fire Safety Links

Created by Fyre Walker Aug 6, 2009 at 4:29pm. Last updated by Fyre Walker Jun 9.

Civilian Health and Wellness

Created by Fyre Walker Mar 10, 2010 at 6:48pm. Last updated by Fyre Walker Oct 24, 2013.

Civilian Kid Fire and Life Safety Links

Created by Fyre Walker Feb 8, 2011 at 12:19pm. Last updated by Fyre Walker Jun 9.

Civilian Life Safety Links

Created by Fyre Walker Jul 19, 2011 at 12:50am. Last updated by Fyre Walker Jun 9.

EMS Links

Created by Fyre Walker Jul 26, 2009 at 3:07pm. Last updated by Fyre Walker Jun 9.

EVO - Emergency Vehicle Operations

Created by Cam Mitchell Jan 24, 2013 at 10:38am. Last updated by Cam Mitchell Jan 24, 2013.

FIRE EDUCATION AND TRAINING

Created by Fyre Walker Mar 18, 2009 at 2:32pm. Last updated by Fyre Walker Jun 9.

Fire Grants

Created by Fyre Walker Mar 21, 2012 at 11:00am. Last updated by Tony Thomas Apr 12, 2017.

Fire Links

Created by Fyre Walker Aug 6, 2009 at 9:22pm. Last updated by Fyre Walker Jun 9.

LEO Links

Created by Fyre Walker Aug 31, 2009 at 6:34pm. Last updated by Fyre Walker Jul 25.

Military Links

Created by Fyre Walker Jun 24, 2009 at 9:49am. Last updated by Fyre Walker Jun 9.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Brain Injury

Created by Tony Thomas Jun 13, 2010 at 11:16am. Last updated by Fyre Walker Jun 9.

Preparedness and Training

Created by Fyre Walker Mar 21, 2012 at 11:44am. Last updated by Fyre Walker Mar 21, 2012.

The USFRA Staff

Created by Fyre Walker Mar 25, 2010 at 4:23pm. Last updated by Janet Liebsch Oct 17, 2018.

THANK YOU SONG

Karen Loveless is a retired Firefighter/EMT -- now a professional songwriter. She wrote this song for all public servants...Thank You For The Job You Do!" click below to listen and learn more

Forums

Announcing SIREN Grants for EMS!

Started by Officer Derek Tomlinson in Fire Grants Nov 8. 0 Replies

The Siren Rural EMS Services, Training and Equipment Assistance Grant will be opening. Are you an EMS agency that serves a…Continue

Amazing First Responder benefit. Save money instantly.

Started by Stevenson Davis Jr. in Announcements Oct 6. 0 Replies

Hey guys,ex Military guy here. I know to many of my pals that transitioned into fire rescue/police department that have no clue about the FirstNet deal we have at AT&T. This dedicated network will never lag. Never be slow. Never be without…Continue

Support Those Who Support First Responders!

The Law Offices
of SRIS P.C. 
Phone: 888-437-7747. Atchuthan Sriskandarajah. 
We handle all traffic related offenses in VA. HABLAMOS ESPAÑOL

Law Offices of Jerry J. Trevino

---------------------------

Baumgartner Law Firm
Law Offices of Ronald A. Ramos, P.C.
------------------------------------
LAWSUIT LEGAL
------------------------------------

JOIN THE USFRA TEAM!

JOIN THE USFRA TEAM!!

Create A Brighter Future. Join In!

Get Involved In Volunteer Projects.

"We Salute You" Merchant Application

USFRA Member Benefits offers a wide variety special discounts for USFRA.org members. The USFRA program offers businesses the opportunity to promote products and services, at no charge to you, by providing special discounts and savings to Public Safety Members. (Fire-Rescue, EMS, Law Enforcement and the U.S. Armed Forces)

Your company or organization can be on the ground floor of this exciting NEW program by completing and submitting this application.

*Incomplete applications will be rejected.

Contact us for more information.

-------------------------------

Got a news tip or story for USFRA?
Use the link below to submit your story, press releases and news tips.
To submit multiple photos and other documents, please attach them to an email.

In keeping with the overall theme of sharing education and tactical training, here is a list of our networking partners.

When I first saw this the top of my head almost blew off! WTF????? I'm SO very glad I'm not with that department. I really would have had a say about the whole matter and brought it in front of the National media.

Views: 1464

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First off, I would like to apologize to the webmaster, who I have much respect for and the readers here. I do not appreciate being called a racist simply because of my opinion. .....nuff said

Dennis? I think you hit the nail on the head. I’m sorry that you’ve been misled by “the Media”. But you should know by now that they never let the facts, get in the way of a good story.

That is the evil of this country and the world. People turn on the television and believe every word that comes out of it. Especially on a news cast. Which has been proven beyond doubt in this simple thread of conversation. Put a "story" out there, backed by points which are hardly ever facts and you get the People arguing and fighting.

That has always been the plan behind the technology of the television. .....keep the People fighting. The real question is, what are those behind the scenes REALLY doing to harm your life while you sit back and argue over misinformation?

Thank You for sharing the truth Dennis.
Dennis. I'm so sorry you're getting such grief over this decision. Personally I feel that the manic hype about "patriotism" in this country is divisive and detrimental. Who says you have to wave a flag to be patriotic? Patriotism is love, support and defense of a country. Nothing in the definition says "wave a flag"; nothing there about "sing an anthem", "pledge allegiance". Your work defines patriotism.

This is not a football game. You don't have to wear antlers, paint you body gaudy colors, chug beer and make rude gestures at a TV camera to show your support. Remember the days before 9-11 when you showed your support by being a good citizen? Our media, fueled by political jockeying for control, has turned us into a parody. Any fool, politician or terrorist can wave a flag and spout patriotic nonsense. It means next to nothing, and its getting to mean less every day.

I know I'll catch a lot of flak for saying this, but instead of playing who's got the biggest flag, it makes much more sense to show our love of our country by being accountable, taking responsibility, stopping our government from taking away all our rights, by not hating our fellow citizens because they're different, by helping the oppressed and needy, and returning our country to a place to be admired and looked up to instead of feared and disparaged. We're afraid, and its showing in our actions.
Michelle, to some people the flag is a piece of cloth, a symbol of a country, to others it's all the struggles it's people had to go through, the people that died, the people that's still dying to keep the rest of us "free" ( I put free in quotes because we are hamstrung by so many laws and regulations, we really aren't a free Nation), but I digress . . . . The flag is the last symbol of what this country is about and once that's been diminished, destroyed or no longer able to display (which thousands of communities are already trying to implement), then what do we have? Once the flag goes, the Constitution is next. Once upon a time someone said God would never be taken out of our school, it's been done. Once upon a time it was said the Pledge of Allegiance would never be taken out of our schools, it was done. In fact, I'm pretty sure that most kids born in the 90's don't even know what it is. People are scared Michelle because they can see the America we know and love is slipping away, piece by piece.
Great point you've made Chief. I personally, would like to see how many of these people will grab that flag once we get hit again. I served two tours in Iraq and it's not "if" we get attacked, it's WHEN. Most Americans have no idea how many attacks is thwarted on a weekly basis, not on our soil but theirs. We have stopped them before they could get a foothold and carry out the destruction of America. I would place my life in the hands of anyone who's hyper patriotic any day than one who is not. Just like the old saying goes, everyone hate cops until they need one. The same can be said for the flag.
Well said Michelle. I agree with everything you said. I think our opinion comes from the same angle and view. All this talk about "The Flag" is more pointless, ...pointing the finger to call the other individual the bad guy. I have seen it through many of the comments made in this thread.

This is not about the majority of people who are a member here on this site. Because you stand alone from the majority of citizens in this country. Granted, the majority of the members here have served this country in some manner. Through the military or some form of public service. It's clear that these people have special respect and honor for the flag that represents this country. All of you are to be honored and saluted for that service.

What I'm questioning here is the majority of the People. Those who see a story like this on the news and start making critical remarks about those involved. I would ask those same people, "When is the last time YOU did something for the flag you are referring to? Did you stand up for the national anthem at a professional football or baseball game? Did you recite the pledge of elegance before class at a junior college you are attending? Perhaps you have a copy of the flag itself and propped it up from the porch where you live on a holiday like the 4th of July or Veterans Day. Did that moment of doing so have a special meaning for you or did you do it just because everyone else in the neighborhood does so on that particular date of the year?"

I'm sure most could not come up with an immediate answer. I would ask the average citizen when was the last time they did something for their country? Did you call one of your Senators or your House Representative and tell them your opinion on the latest Bill being discussed for legislation? Did you call them or send them an email about it? Most would probably say no. Yet, if I asked them what day and time Dancing With The Stars was on I bet they would know the answer to that.

I agree with your definition of Patriotism. I don't wear a flag everywhere I go but I have done more things that are in the interest of this country than most people have. I'm not talking about serving in the military or public safety. I'm referring to going to your local council meeting to keep track of what's taking place with the local government where you live. Calling, faxing and emailing your representatives in congress. THAT is your responsibility as a citizen of this country. THAT is your duty as an individual in the area you live. THAT is Patriotism.
If anyone with the Bakersfield Fire Dept is concerned about the Flag Patches being different, worn, or facing the right way I have an answer, Call me. We own an embroidery company and can supply any size patch they need and provide extras so when they are worn they can be replaced by the dist. fire chief. I will supply as many patches as needed at my cost.

Now lets see if it is truly the different makers of the patches, them being worn out from service, facing the wrong way or if it really is they no longer want fire fighters wearing them.

Fire Fighter have to much to worry about saving our lives and property to have to spend time fussing about the right to wear our American Colors on their uniforms.

Thank You for your service and may God always watch over you.

Just a FYI...TITLE 4 - FLAG AND SEAL, SEAT OF GOVERNMENT, AND THE STATES CHAPTER 1 - THE FLAG
"Title 4 of the USC (j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart."

Flag patches sewn onto sleeves are allowed and are part of some uniform designs, but they should be sewn on in a particular fashion. On the left sleeve, the union component of the flag (the stars) should be to the viewer's left, while on the right sleeve the union should be on the viewer's right. This is designed so that the flag is facing forward and appears to be streaming back as the person moves.

Media expanding the facts with a touch of emotion
Naaaaaaa. Surely you jest.

One point I'd like to clear up for all you young folk. The phrase "under God" was added to the Pledge of Allegiance when I was in grammar school in the 50s. The original pledge did not say anything about God, but (I believe) due to that fanatic McCarthy, people started going over the edge on including God in everything so they wouldn't appear to be communists. It was the same sort of frenzied fear that prompted dog owners in the 40s to kill their German Shepherds (or change the breed name to Alsatian) and Daschunds so they would not appear to be supporters of Hitler.
Be that as it may, it really doesn't matter anymore anyway does it? No one believes in anything except themselves. I'm proud to admit I am uber Patriotic and I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour and only through him will I be saved. All religions has it fanaticism, there's always someone going overboard and to the far extreme in one way or another. I'm more of a wait and see type of person. Hopefully this great country won't fall, hopefully we still have enough people who believes in the Constitution to keep her strong and I pray daily we don't seem so weak that those who hate us, that they don't bring the war to us. My Captain came home from Afghanistan in January, he says it's on the way. I for one, believe him.
As for the Pledge, I'd like you "younger members" to know this...... I'll let Red Skelton tell it..

As for the "fanatic McCarthy", know this. Joe McCarthy was a Senator in the 1940's and early 50's. His Committee investigated Communism in our Government and our Country. BUT, I doubt if any of you know that while McCarthy was holding hearings in the Senate on Communists and Communism in America, how many of you know that a Rep. in the House was also looking into Communism..... Rep. Cox,D-Ga, was also holding hearings and an investigation into Communism within our Country. Cox died and after his death, the Ranking Republican member of his Committee took over the investigation and became Chairman after the elections and furthered the Committee and also expanded it to include "Tax Exempt Foundations and the Communists Groups They Fund". The Rep. was Carroll Reese from Tenn. As his chief Investigator, he named a man by the name of Norman Dodd ( their is a video that is about 53 minutes long on youtube of an interview with Mr. Dodd just before his death in the mid 1980's where he tells ALL about that investigation), Dodd was a banker in the early 1930's and knew allot about the inside workings of the banking business. With his knowledge of banking, Reese so named him to head the Investigation. There is also the reports from the Cox Committee, the Reese Committee and Dodd's own report are online for all to read. The Cox report is over 800 pages long, the Reese report is about 300 + pages and Dodd's report is much shorter at under 50 pages long. You can do a search for these reports and read them for yourselves.

But to just say that there was a "fanatic" in the Senate thinking everyone was a Communists is wrong. He was on the right track and Cox and Reese proved it... My point here is, that the further one digs into all of this, you will find "why" some think so little of this Country, it's beginnings, it's Founders, it's Flag and so on... It's what has NOT been taught that is dumbing people down....
Well said my brother, very well said! I now have some more reading to do. Thanks for the info!

RSS

© 2019   Created by U.S. First Responders Association   Powered by U.S. First Responders Association, Inc.