Oct 19-23, 2017 - FDA has announced multiple recalls due to minimally processed vegetable products that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
The recalls include multiple brands' and stores' veggie trays and packets as well as various packaged frozen meals, stir fry kits, salads and more that may include recalled vegetables in them.
Some stores include Walmart, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, HEB, Meijer, Albertsons, Tom Thumb, Safeway, Vons and many others.
Mann Packing is issuing this recall in response to a single positive result found on one of their products during random sampling by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. Mann Packing is issuing this recall out of an abundance of caution. To date, public health officials have not reported any illnesses associated with these products.
The recalled product has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
Sacramento Bee summarized many of the products affected across multiple stores nationwide or visit FDA.gov for a long list of packaged vegetable and meal products, veggie trays and more.
All products should be either tossed out or returned where they were bought for refund.
- Meijer recalled its store brand Broccoli Florets; Cauliflower Florets; Cauliflower Floretts; Salad Rotini Mozzarella Medley; Salad Rotini Mozzarella Medley G&G; Asparagus Spears; Asparagus Spears with Garlic Parmesean; Store Made Vegetable Tray; Store Made Vegetable Tray with dip; Fiesta Tray with Red Pepper Hummus; Brussels Sprouts Slices; Zucchini and Squash; Mixed Pepper Blend; Cauliflower Florets Plu; Broccoli Florets Plu; Vegetable Party Tray small, medium and large; Vegetable Tray with Hummus; Pre-Packaged Broccoli Florets; Pre-Packaged Cauliflower Florets; Pre-Packaged Broccoli and Cauliflower Florets; and Cauli Florets.
- Triple B Corp. recalled CP Fresh products Asparagus Salad Kit, cut on Oct. 8; Broccoli Salad Kit, use by dates Oct. 14 through Oct. 21; Thai Veggie Kit, use by dates Oct. 4 through Oct. 16; Stir Fry Vegetable Mix, packed on Oct. 6; Super Slaw Salad Kit, use by dates Oct. 15 to Oct. 21; Sitr Fry (GL) use by Oct. 10 through Oct. 17; bulk Stir Fry Mix cut on Oct. 4 through Oct. 11.
- The Alaska Carrot products are Broccoli Crunch Kit, packed Oct. 20 to Oct. 27; Stir Fry Kit, use by Oct. 27; Broccoli Florette, use by Oct. 27; Veggie Medley, packed on Oct. 20, use by Oct. 29; Veggie Pack Combo, packed on Oct. 21, use by Oct. 30; Veggie Platter, packed on Oct. 20, use by Oct. 29; Veggie Tray with Dip, packed on Oct. 21, use by Oct. 30; and Veggie Tray with Cauliflower, use by Oct. 27.
- Randalls, Tom Thumb, Albertson’s recalled Ready. Chef. Go! brands of Flounder fillet, Halibut fillet, Atlantic Salmon fillet; Haddock fillet; Sea Bass Fillets; Mahi Mahi fillet; Ocean Perch fillet; Organic Salmon Fillet; Snapper Fillet; Steelhead Trout Fillet; Swordfish Loins; Tilaipia fillet; Tout Fillet; Tuna Loins; Kingclip Fillet; and Catfish Fillet.
- Walmart store brand Broccoli Florets; Broccoli Cauliflower Florets; Broccoli Slaw; Stir Fry Medley; Cauliflower Florets; Cauliflower; Super Blend and Vegetable Medley.
But again, visit FDA.gov for a long detailed list and UPC codes of packaged vegetable and meal products, veggie trays and more since recalls may continue for days as more brands and stores are impacted by this.
For questions about the overall recall, call Mann Packing at 1-888-470-2681, 24 hours a day.
Find more information about various recalls at www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/