If you do not follow the instructions concerning our policy on external links
your submission will be sent to the spam folder.
Qualifications for the positions are:
• Be at least 21 years of age.
• Be a citizen of the United States and a resident of Missouri.
• Be a graduate of a four-year high school or obtain a certificate of equivalency recognized by the
Missouri Department of Education (i.e., G.E.D.).
• Be of good character, with no felony convictions or crime involving moral turpitude, no pending
Indictments or certain misdemeanor offenses including any involving aggressive or violent behavior (i.e., domestic violence, criminal assault, etc.), disregard for the safety of others, or the misuse of deadly weapons.
• Possess a valid Missouri Driver License.
• Possess ordinary physical strength.
• Pass a physical fitness test
Applicants must have a Mo Post Peace Officers Certification to be eligible for employment.
Detention Deputy starting salary is based on a rate of $14.50, and after 6 months probation goes to $14.75.
This positions is full time and will receive a complete benefit package after probation.
If interested, applications can be obtained on line at Stonecountymosheriff.com or you can apply in person at the Stone County Sheriff’s Office in Galena. Please contact Captain Isaac Cornelison for further information at 417-357-6116.