If you do not follow the instructions concerning our policy on external links
your submission will be sent to the spam folder.
The make-up was purchased at a local store, but the family warns this is a nationwide concern.
Kristi Warner had been concerned about the ingredients in her 6-year-old daughter Mackenzie's glitter makeup kit, purchased at Claire's inside Providence Place.
The Barrington mom, who works for Deaton Law Firm, mailed the makeup to an independent lab in North Carolina.
“In the work that we do, we've come across contaminated cosmetics, but you just assume that a children's product would be safe,” said Warner.
Test results revealed tremolite asbestos, which is a toxic, cancer-causing material.
Exposure to asbestos has been linked to mesothelioma. It is 100 percent fatal.
Concerned other kids might be exposed, Kristi and her boss John Deaton purchased 17 more Claire makeup products from nine different states.
Sean Fitzgerald of Scientific Analytical Institute, the scientist who conducted the tests, found tremolite asbestos in every single product.
“The fact that the majority of the products came from the store shelves in the last two weeks means that there are other children being exposed,” said Warner.
"As a result of today's inquiry from WJAR-TV, we have taken the precautionary measure of pulling the items in question from sale, and will be conducting an immediate investigation into the alleged issues," the statement noted.
The products are being pulled from stores, but it's important to make sure this makeup isn't already in your home.
Visit Turnto10.com to see pictures of all 17 products that tested positive for tremolite asbestos, check to ensure the products aren't in your home, and please share this with others.