If you do not follow the instructions concerning our policy on external links
your submission will be sent to the spam folder.
When power outages occur during emergencies such as hurricanes or winter storms, the use of alternative sources of fuel or electricity for heating, cooling, or cooking can cause CO to build up in a home, garage, or camper and to poison the people and animals inside.
CO is found in combustion fumes, such as those produced by small gasoline engines, stoves, generators, lanterns, and gas ranges, or by burning charcoal and wood. CO from these sources can build up in enclosed or partially enclosed spaces. People and animals in these spaces can be poisoned and can die from breathing CO.
Exposure to CO can cause loss of consciousness and death. The most common symptoms of CO poisoning are headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion. People who are sleeping or who have been drinking alcohol can die from CO poisoning before ever having symptoms.
We get this around here alot I want to say, I can remember the year we had the October surprise Ice storm and people los there power and were using generators and not using there heads, as they would put there generators by a door with a plug running into the house well what do you think happen ,yea all the fumes and that went into the homes.
Need to think when using a Generator ar any gas power equipment.
There have been a few instances where the folks here have lost power and used their generators inside the house. It's a shame when innocent children die because of their parents incompetence or ignorance.
Great information L.T.