If you do not follow the instructions concerning our policy on external links
your submission will be sent to the spam folder.
Here is a list of the 23 executive actions President Obama signed today to address "gun violence". Some sound okay (as long as they don't trample on lawful citizens' rights), several probably won't have much impact .. but some make you go "hmmm". Any thoughts....?
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
I revised title and first sentence since I guess these are executive "actions" not "orders" (whatever that means). BTW .. does anyone else notice there's not one mention of violent movies, video games, etc here..? Huh, imagine that.
#4 and #9
Does this include automatic weapons in Mexico we delivered?
Hey Doc, you do realize we are no longer citizens but subjects, right? We're suppose to shut up, sit down, do as we're told and not question King Obama's author-ri-tay! Nor should we question anyone he deems worthy enough to be one of his minions, as it is an extension of him. Slowly and steadily he is making criminals out of those of us who believes in the Constitution.
I wondered the same thing Stephen.
I would ask you all to read through these "documented quotes" from the Founding Father, the Courts and others on the true wording and meaning of the Bill of Rights and that includes the 2nd Amendment.
Samuel Adams, speaking on the 2nd Amendment debate, said: " We must do all we can to protect our God given Rights and this Amendment will do just that. All of the Amendments in the Bill of Rights are from God Himself, they are above the Constitution which is the law of the land, but only God can repeal, alter or abolish these rights, no man or Government have that power"...
Thank you for posting the link Craig. I had no idea. I became a gun owner in 2010 when the first threat went around. Now, it seems as though the threat is gaining teeth and may come to fruition, so I will be purchasing another firearm soon. I just hope all who are currently holding permits will do the same. God Bless.
Amen to that Brother. We MUST do ALL we can to preserve the rights God gave to us and not let this communist nazi charm us out of them.
To understand the true meaning of any of the Amendments in the Bill of Rights, you must go back to the time of the writing and read what the Founders themselves said about it. Today's "meanings" of the wording is different than it was then, so to understand they meaning, you must study and understand "THEIR" mindset and their meanings. They spoke clearly on all topics and those can be found in the Library of Congress. Lawmakers in D.C. and state's capitals of today have "changed" the meaning of those words, but the Founders meaning is the same today as it was when the ink was drying on the documents they passed down to us.
Mr. Obama can sign all the Executive Orders he likes, the Congress can pass all the bans they like, but it is wasted paper as Adams clearly stated that the Bill of Right are ABOVE the Constitution and that only God can change, alter or abolish those rights.... The meaning of the 2nd. is not open to any debate of today, it can not, should not and WILL NOT be molested in any way... YOU as an American citizen hold the power over Government, the Bill of Rights gives us that power. The wording of gun ownership means that you have the right to own any firearm that you can buy with NO restrictions as to the type or how many... Where in the 2nd. is the word "except"...? As in "except and assault weapon"...? By the meaning of the 2nd., it is a violation for the Fed or any state govt. to mandate that you as an American citizen, have to register, show papers, limit the number of, the amount of ammo you can own, the number of mag's or how much ammo they will hold or even what type of firearm you can own. The state adopted the Bill of Rights as it was written, so they have to follow it to the letter..! The clause of the militia means that if you are a citizen, YOU ARE THE MILITIA.!! The link I posted has the quotes to back up all I have stated here... and I live by the words of our Founders...! Pass it on..!