If you do not follow the instructions concerning our policy on external links
your submission will be sent to the spam folder.
Time: February 5, 2020 from 6:30pm to 10:30pm
Location: Allegheny County Fire Academy
Street: 700 W Ridge Rd.
City/Town: Allison Park, Pennsylvania 15101
Website or Map: https://www.facebook.com/even…
Phone: (412) 931-3158
Event Type: class
Organized By: Allegheny County Fire Academy
Member Activity: Jan 22
Basic American Sign Language and Gestures for Emergency Responders
6 Hours Prerequisites: None Western PA School for the Deaf Fee*: $20.00
This 6-hour class is designed to provide the Emergency Responders with an introductory
understanding of the communication needs of Deaf, Deaf-Blind and Hard of Hearing individuals who
use American Sign Language as their primary language. Participants will be introduced to the
• How members of the Deaf, Deaf-Blind, and Hard of Hearing communities who use American
Sign Language as their primary language communicate with Hearing/Speaking individuals
• Techniques for communicating emergency information to users of American Sign Language
when an interpreter is not available
• Manual Alphabet and the use of finger-spelling
• American Sign Language number system
• Thirty basic American Sign Language phrase/signs to communicate with American Sign
Language users in emergency situations when an interpreter is not available
*Money orders or Relief Association Checks need to be made payable to “Western PA School
for the Deaf.” No Personal Checks are accepted.
The student will need to provide: pen/pencil, notebook.
Number: Location: Day/s of Week: Dates: Times: Instructor:
10123 ACFA Wednesday 2/5 & 2/12 18:30 – 21:30 TBA