Welcome to USFRA Fire Education and Training Resource Page. You will find links and information concerning your career in the fire service.
USFA Coffee Break Training on USFRA
Throughout the manual, we address specific challenges involved in incorporating a “risk management approach” into the delivery of fire department services.
Focus areas include:
- Defining risk
- Organizational risk management
- Operational risk management
- Managing information
- Community risk reduction
Provides information for local-level Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and fire departments on the development of preparedness policies for mass care incidents, including natural and man-made disasters, large gathering and pandemic events, and other emergencies potentially resulting in large numbers of patients.
Other Education/Training Web Site Sources
- Arizoft Software. Training volunteer and combination dept to national standards - your way.
- Cogswell College. Earn your Bachelor's Degree in Fire Science via the mail/internet.
- Dive Rescue International. Providing training and equipment to professional water rescue and recovery teams worldwide, since 1977.
- Fire Service Training. Al Mozingo presents a variety of training programs for organizational development. Mr. Mozingo specilaizes in "Leadership" training. In addition, he can present a number of courses from the National Fire Academy.
- Fired Up Training Services. Read and download the weekly Never in Vain Drill. Each drill is based on a brother or sister firefighter who paid the ultimate sacrifice and lessons all firefighters can learn from their passing. Sign up for the free newsletter and be notified when a new drill is posted. Let no firefighter ever die in vain.
- FireDawg.com. Information and resources concerned with fire related education and training.
- fireprep.com. The Number One Firefighter Preparatory entrance school in the country.
- Firewise. The National Wildland/Urban Interface Fire Protection Program.
- Public Safety Education Institute. Complete a north central accredited bachelor's degree in Public Safety Administration through Charter Oak State College. Over 90 credits accepted in tranfer.
- Real World Training and Consulting. RealWorld Training & Consulting offers practical educational and advisory support for fire and emergency services, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations.
- The Street Training Consulting Group. We are training specialists who founded this group to serve "working" police officers, firefighters, EMS providers, emergency room personnel and teachers. Our goal is to provide affordable and up to date information about subject matter that is used on a daily basis. We use only nationally or state-wide recognized instructors and conduct our training sessions at locations that you select.