Disaster Preparedness

2021 Hurricane season news and updates

Last post: September 13, 2021 8:18 PM Posts: 16 Views: 932
  • Yeah, we are catching it right now. It's not too bad yet, just dark and rainy. The flooding will be our issue in this storm. Bay County has the worst drainage of any municipality I've ever worked for. 

• Glad all ok down there @CaptLewis and just glad Grace didn't run up FL peninsula too although sux she's pounding Haiti so hard with rain. 

• Agreed. I hate it for Haiti (no pun intended). I will be here for another day or so then back to South Florida. I'm looking to buy a home in this area for my parents and I, so wish us luck! heh-heh

• wait what?! You're moving back up to panhandle area @CaptLewis ?? Sweet :) Good luck, safe travels and all the best to you and your parents.

• @JanetLiebsch, yeah, I miss the freedom of living in a Republican ran municipality. Dad is not doing so well and he loves the beach here, so we're moving back.

• 20-Aug-2021 6a CT - 2 hurricanes make landfall this weekend = Grace in Mexico and Henri ("ahn-REE") in New England and Atlantic Canada (more in main post) ~ j

• 22-Aug-2021 - Lastest on Tropical Storm Henri as it nears eastern Long Island (NY) and southern New England (portions of NE may get dangerous storm surge, strong gusty winds on already saturated areas, and flooding rainfall - more in main post.) Stay safe all ~ j 

• 28-Aug-2021 - Ida continues to strengthen as officials are predicting a very dangerous Category 4 storm targeting Louisiana Sun 29-Aug ... 16 years to the date of Katrina's landfall. Preparations to protect life and property in LA must be done TODAY! Also MS and AL as well as possibly FL panhandle will have impacts too - more in main post. stay safe ~ j

• 30-Aug-2021 - Ida finally dropped to a tropical storm as it moves over SW Mississippi but dangerous storm surge, damaging winds and flash flooding is continuing throughout the morning and day over portions of SE Louisiana and southern MS (more in main post) ~ j  

• 13-Sep-2021 - Tropical Storm Nicholas is bringing heavy rains, strong winds and storm surges to portions of Central and Upper Texas coasts and it'll be making landfall along central TX coast later tonight. More in main post ~ j

Your Ad Here!

Contact us for more information corporate@usfra.org