• Discussions
  • Scenes from #STP500 Martinsville Speedway

Scenes from #STP500 Martinsville Speedway

Last post: September 19, 2020 9:01 PM Posts: 1 Views: 580
  • usfra SCR sm

24-Mar-2018 - On Sunday March 25, 2018 NASCAR’s biggest and best will try to master Martinsville in the STP 500. It’s the first short-track race of the season and it’s the first trip back on the East Coast after the West Coast Swing.

Martinsville will mark Landon Cassill’s season debut in StarCom Racing's USFRA #00 Chevy Camaro.

According to Autoweek.com, Cassill, 28, has 259 Cup Series starts and a best finish of fourth at Talladega in October 2014. ... Cassill is a former Hendrick Motorsports top prospect who remains widely popular with fans for his quirky personality and online persona.

Team general manager Derrike Cope believes this could be a turning point for the program.

"StarCom Racing was privileged to acquire a new partnership with USFRA and Landon Cassill behind the wheel," Cope said in a statement. "I’m optimistic that his knowledge and experience will only help our efforts as well as the growth of our team."

Cassill believes he can enjoy immediate success in the No. 00.

"I love working with new teams," he said in a statement. "I feel like that is one of my strengths. StarCom Racing looks like they are in it for the long haul, and I am thrilled to be a part of it."

~~~~~

starcom racing car 00 wrap1

starcom racing car 00 wrap2

starcom racing car 00 side view 6x4

from Twitter...

tweet from Rick R to Landon Cassill 7a Sat...

tweet-rick reeves

tweet from Dark Horse Garage...

tweet-dark horse garage

tweet from Dustin Long of NBC Sports...

tweet-dustin long

It's chilly and snowing in Martinsville VA today so will be interesting what Sunday will bring. Luckily the temps will be in 40s by racetime and we'll post more photos, tweets and news as we get it!

UPDATESunday's race postponed until Monday 3/26 due to SNOW! Check out SCR's solution for Landon Cassill and car #00  :)

tweet-scr snow tires

Martinsville Speedway officials stopped truck race Sat aft due to weather, so that will resume at 11a ET Monday. The Cup race will follow at 2p ET Monday. More snowy pics here

=====

26-Mar-2018 - Getting ready for the race (another nice shot of car #00) - good luck team SCR!

scr 00 pre-race

Here's another tweet from David Whisenant of WBTV showing the decals

StarCom Racing placed on car #00 honoring Salisbury Fire NC ~ thank you

Team SCR!

tweet-wbtv salisbury fire on car

car 00 martinsville action sports

Unfortunately on lap 211, as Landon Cassill was racing for 32nd position, car #00 sustained damage to the drivetrain that forced him to the garage then out of the race.

Martinsville in Review 2018 (SCR wrote... "A promising start in Martinsville brought to a short end due to a broken gear. Thanks to Landon Cassill and USFRA for coming along for the ride!")

USFRA is so proud of Landon and Team StarCom Racing and we look forward to next race in Texas on April 8th!

Your Ad Here!

Contact us for more information corporate@usfra.org